Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Welcome!!!

Welcome Everyone
Hi, My Name is Courtney Mary Thaler! My Sister text me today and asked me to help her with her pursuit to empower Apostolic Women, with one of our greatest battle....HAIR! I am so excited to show new Curly styles and talk about what us Curly Girlies go through LOL. Well I guess since we are going to be spending a lot of time together I should let you know about me and my HAIR...

I am a 22 years old (that suddenly sounds really old). I have been baptized in His wonderful NAME, and filled with His spirit since November 23rd 2008. But, I have been in Holiness since September 2009. The last time I cut my hair was the day of Kendra and Brendan's wedding in August of 2009. The thing is my hair and I have had a LOOOONG love hate relationship. I never really knew how to love it with my whole heart. People are probably shaking their heads like this girl is crazy, Well I am just being real. I remember Times in High School where I would throw my hair brush as I was trying to brush through my knotted curly hair. I remember at school my girl friends teasing me cause my hair was never straight after spending hours trying to straighten it. The worst memory I have so vivid....is .....FRIZ. You all know what I am talking about. BLAST, that stinking Frizz... how much money have we spent on these cockamamie concoctions that promise you hair will be "silky smooth"? ALL LIES I TELL YOU. Especially when your hair is long... I mean come on, a little dot in the palm of your hand is only enough to cover the right front side. LOL. It really ruffles my feathers lol...(thats my new saying). I know you all know what I am talking about. You are probably laughing at the moment because you feel my pain. So, once I fell in love with my Glory (AKA Hair), I began to take care of it. Long Curly Hair is beautiful! 


So, Welcome! Soon to come, Cute Styles, Quick Styles, Church Style, Up Dos, Down Dos, and probably some don'ts. LOL. Well I am super excited to get started!! 


Love Always,


Courtney Mary Thaler

7 comments:

  1. Haha!!! You are so funny! I was laughing so hard! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank my SISTER for actually mentioning me on her blog!!!! Unlike *ahem* like my other sister! And she just happened to comment lol. Good luck Courtney and I was cracking up how you said that you love Ice Cream and French Fries, what a wonderful combo!

    PS Sorry for using your blog to make a point LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Court I apologize for the "special-ness" of our baby brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, I look forward to seeing what you post. I'm an Apostolic in MO with a waste-length Afro (ok...with 14 layers of goop I do get curl...but I'm VERY familiar with frizz). :O) I don't dislike my "Glory" but it sure would be nice if it cooperated every now and then!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel free to email me any suggestion on styles you want to see. I have been crazy busy and will post asap!!

    ReplyDelete